Friday, January 1, 2021

A new year, a new practice...

Again, it's been a while since I last published anything on my blogpost here, but I feel it's time to get back to it! I'm hoping that Fridays will be the day of my weekly post. Welcome (or welcome back)!

As I face a new year and a new morning, I found myself in Psalm 24. What richness there is in this chapter, specifically verses 3-6...there are profound words here, penned by men, inspired by God Himself through the Holy Spirit. I am humbled as I consider the Almighty Creator with Whom I have an audience, the way purchased by the life and blood of Jesus Christ. The price of admission is beyond anything I could ever hope or imagine to be able to afford; I am but a beggar approaching the mighty King! But, by His grace through faith, I come...

"Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully."

On my own, I cannot clean my hands or purify my own heart...who am I to think I can decide the standard of righteousness required to come before Him? He is the Potter, I am simply His creation, an earthen vessel, fashioned for His use and His glory. Then, it goes on to say...

"He shall receive blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation."

When we receive new life in Christ Jesus through His life, death and resurrection, we are given His righteousness and our beggar's filthy garments are done away with. And we shall receive blessings from Him. His salvation should be enough for me to love and follow Him with my whole life, but He pours out blessings on top of it all! I have life today...there is breath in my lungs, there is food in my cupboards and running water when I need a drink. I am loved by a good Father, empowered by the Spirit to live a new life in Christ!

Oh, that each and every day this year I will wake with gratitude and thankfulness for the unfathomable grace that has been poured into my heart. Though my earth has been shaken and the storms beat against my heart, imploring me to succumb to feelings of despair and loss, I will ascend into the hill of the Lord, and meet with my God; I will stand in His holy place and bow before Him, in full surrender...for only there is fullness of joy and pleasure forever more!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Irene! I’ll be keeping an eye out for your weekly posts. 😊💕

    ReplyDelete