Friday, April 22, 2011

A great Good Friday

It's been quite a while since I've been moved by a Good Friday event.  This year, I was moved.

I went to a production today called "The Second Day", which examines the feelings of the people who surrounded Jesus the day after His crucifixion. The acting was great; the message was amazing.  But I was moved by God's incredible timing and grace, by setting me in that theatre at that time...I was overwhelmed with the way He has woven the lives of the actors with the lives of the characters they portray and the producers of the show. IAnd more than anything else, I felt privileged to know that He would choose to use me in small ways, seemingly meaningless ways, to nudge at the heart of one of those actors who is trying so hard to surrender to the One who loves him, loves all of us, more than we can ever imagine. I never thought our lives would intersect...we were really just names on e-mails, in correspondence a year ago...and today my life was changed because I will be praying for him.

And none of it would have been possible had it not been for that first, great Good Friday!



Artwork by Teresa Pizzimenti

No comments:

Post a Comment