Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Wednesday before Thursday

I'm sitting quietly in my living room this morning,  looking at the rain fall and the wind gently blow through the trees in my front yard.  And I'm enjoying the calm solitude that is my home this morning.  John and the girls are working, each in their own space; and mine is my own, at least for now.  But tomorrow begins the busyness that is tech/show week for a production with which I'm involved in Kalamazoo.  And that means that I will NOT be in the calm solitude that is my home for the better part of the next week and a half.  I will lose track of the days, the hours will fly by, and I won't get nearly enough sleep.  Don't get me wrong; I love spending time with these people, the busyness, the fast (sometimes frantic) pace at which I will conduct my life for the next few weeks.  But there is a down side, a dangerous side. There is always the possibility of losing my footing when things get so frenetic; will the demands of the urgent take precedence over the call of the important?  I musn't forget my purpose in the midst of doing the good work.  I know Who will get the honor at the final curtain, but what about at the end of each day...at the end of each conversation?

It is always my prayer that, in whatever role I find myself, I never forget my audience of One.

No comments:

Post a Comment